Saturday, August 13, 2016

An idea and where I'm at

I've been posting a lot lately, this is strange! Strange in a good way. I hope I'm not too annoying, haha!

So, you may have noticed that TQR is at 70% now. Yay! I'm almost done and that's so awesome. I'm still behind, but not by as much, and writing, once I sit down and start doing it, has been really easy lately. No idea why but the words have just started to flow.

In my original plan I was just going to do some light edits, on a hardcopy, before sending it off to some friends to read, but because of all the continuity issues and the fact that I want to completely change the POV, I think I'm going to be doing some major rewriting instead of the light edits. It'll be a bit of a time crunch, but it's not going to involve me coming up with a story, just making the story better with clearer details and patching up all the major issues.

And recently I've just had another idea. It doesn't have an exact plot, yet, but it has a shape and it has at least five solid characters, that would all be viewpoint characters. I'm not sure if it's going to be YA or NA but it will hover somewhere around there. I almost want it to be NA so that I can play around with things in ways I can't with YA. I do know that right now it looks like there will be seven books.

I can't say much about it, but I really love it so far (at least in my head) and it's such a wide world I think I could have fun there. When I have spare time between writing TQR and starting back up on my prewrites for WaC I want to work on this one. For the sake of things let's just call it Septology Project.

Here's a little peak at the characters (each line is a character and I have them each based around the idea of duality):

The Soldier/The Coward
The Lover/The Thief
The Hero/The Villain
The Healer/The Assassin
The Queen/The Prisoner

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment