Wednesday, November 9, 2016

So.

I have many thoughts about this election. Too many to keep in my head and too many to write down. There are words to use but none that I feel like I can master.

I am sad.

Slowly, like something has been pumping in and out of my heart, not blood, is how I feel.

But the sun did rise. And it is setting again. And it will rise again- tomorrow.

Yesterday morning, before I knew what the results of this election would be, I started watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended edition obviously). They are my favorite movies and an eternal comfort. I chose to watch them because I was studying for finals and wanted something comforting as background noise that would neither distract me nor bore me.

I did not know how much I would need them. Not during the beginning of the election, before my nerves got the best of me and I could only watch election coverage. Not this morning, when I woke up. Not now, after I've been laying in bed for a few hours.

There is a message in the Lord of the Rings that is helping me get through today. And tomorrow. It is a message of hope- that even small people matter. that everyone can make a difference. we just have to stand up and try.

Is there more to say? Yes. So much. So much. too much. But not today. Today, I rest. Tomorrow I find my feet again- my strength. Take a day by a day until again we are not just walking but running. Until

Soon.

Don't let this stop your world. Let this reignite it.

No comments:

Post a Comment