Tuesday, November 15, 2016

It's Been One Week Since the Election

It has indeed been one week since the fateful events that gave us President-Elect Trump. Since that time a lot has happened. For me:
- I finished the extended edition Lord of the Rings movies
- I finished my classes for the term
- I took a trip to Davenport IA and really enjoyed it (and I'm going back)
- I started getting ready for Christmas
- I nearly finished planning my trip to Colorado
- The sun rose
- The weather got really warm, then really cold, and now it's pleasant
- I got really mad at someone for not doing their job
- I laughed at the Joe Biden memes
- I had dialogues with people about why Trump was elected
- I cried a lot in the beginning
- My aunt had a baby boy (unnamed as of yet, but they're considering Chester, which I think is cute)
- The Beauty and the Beast trailer came out and I loved it
- New Hamilton mixtape songs dropped
- I started a lifestyle blog and love it
- I created a budget for winter break so I don't spend too much
- I sent some letters but one of them was returned because I have no idea where the person lives now
- I tried to get into contact with some friends but they are slow at responding, lol
- I read some books
- I bought a really pretty copy of The Once and Future King
- I got to hang out with my friends a lot
- I had pizza
- I actually paid for something with change instead of charging it because I'm becoming more mature I think
- I took some warm showers
And those are just some of the things. The world goes on and I am happy.

Do I still get upset when I remember that Donald Trump will be our president? Hell yeah I do. Sometimes people get cuts on their heart, things happen, and then those cuts scar. I have a few of my own and this, well, it feels kinda like how those feel. Except not really. Maybe it's just bruised my heart. It won't ever get better, it'll always be tender, but overall it will fade away bit by bit.

I saw a post by someone who said the way many people felt after the election was the way they felt when they were depressed. It was a very good way to put it, because it did indeed feel that way to me.

I ended my last post about the election with this
Is there more to say? Yes. So much. So much. too much. But not today. Today, I rest. Tomorrow I find my feet again- my strength. Take a day by a day until again we are not just walking but running. Until
Soon.
Don't let this stop your world. Let this reignite it.
and I want to comment on it.

There is still so much more to say but I don't think I'm the one to say it.

I did rest that day. The next day I did get back to my feet. I was sore but I did it. The day after that I may not have been running, but I was speed-walking. I was getting thing back on track and finding the road again. I did. And now I think I'm ready to run again. It is soon.

The next election isn't for another four years, but I'm already ready for it. These next four years I'm going to stay up on the news, on who's running, on what the current members of the government are doing, locally and nationally, and what all the policies are. I want to be an ACTIVE member of my country. I want to make it a better country- one I would be pleased to raise kids in (yes, that's far away for me, but still). And when it gets closer I want to donate to whoever I'm backing, I want to be a part of it all.  This is my plan. My re-ignition.

What's your plan?

2 comments: