Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Change of Scenery?

Not literally. And perhaps scenery isn't the best word. But I just finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and it's got me yearning to write something epic. But I'm already writing something set in a fantasy world and I don't want to let it alone.

But what if I changed the story and made it an epic fantasy? Instead of a novella?

It could still be a fairytale, I think, so perhaps not so much of one. I'm not sure.

It's something to seriously consider, though, because there are, suddenly, a lot of ideas that would fit into this story in this new epic scenery.

So, new plan: finish editing and turning this draft from 1st person pov to 3rd. Then, rather than go through and fix all the continuity, I'm going to send it to alpha readers (though not all, just one or two I think) and see what they think of this version and also tell them what I'm thinking of for the new version, if I were to turn it to epic fantasy, or how I would fix this version and keep it fairytale. When they're finished I'd be curious to see their answers. Then, in that meantime, I think I will work on a epic fantasy version of this story, just to test out what it would look like. That's the new plan.

Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment