Monday, September 19, 2016

I Finished My First Novel

I think it's going to take some time for that to actually set in. I finished. A novel. It's over. I wrote a whole story, beginning middle and end. Wow.

I'm not as excited as you might think. I have a lot more left to do. And I'm not that happy with this version of the story. So, yes, I will be hardcore editing the life out of this thing. And that DOES make me excited. I'm taking a break tomorrow from TQR, but I will be starting WaC and that's also very exciting.

TQR took me much more time than I thought it would. But I do think I've grown as a storyteller. I look forward to starting the next chapter of this journey.

Some quick stats:
129 pages double spaced
28,555 words total

That't not very many words. That's just about a novella. And, yes, this book started as a novella, but now I want it to be a novel.

So goals:
Bring it up to around 50,000 words. I don't care if it's only 40,000 but I definitely want it somewhere in that range.
Put into third person point of view.
Spend more time on secondary characters.
Describe more places and don't just have stock traveling scenes.
Do it by the end of the month.

Let's see if we can do this. (Read: nope but I can get far I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment